If your proven experience of caring for older people includes leading shifts, and you’re looking for a rewarding role that comes with excellent training and great opportunities for personal development, join Medical Staff Agency as a Senior Care Assistant and make a real difference.
Being a Senior Care Assistant at MSA
Senior Care Assistants at MSA are already used to caring for others. They’re passionate about what they do, flexible in their approach and great at building a rapport with everyone they deal with. They inspire professionalism. They cope with difficult situations using tact and diplomacy and take responsibility for resolving them. They enjoy collaborating with others and sharing information and ideas. They raise standards through innovation. And, they consider it a privilege to be trusted to look after others. Do you have the same sort of attributes? Then we could have just the role for you.
What you’ll be doing
Being a Senior Care Assistant isn’t just about providing leadership and support for a care team. It’s about acting as a role model for good practice and a champion for residents’ dignity and safety. It’s about regularly assessing, monitoring and reviewing day-to-day processes and coming up with improvements where required. And, it’s about ensuring that clear and accurate records and communication systems relating to clinical and care delivery are properly maintained and effectively used. Put simply, it’s about making a difference. A real difference.
What you’ll need
An NVQ and relevant experience is essential, including a good understanding of care planning processes and a proven ability to write concise care plans. We’ll also be looking for individuals who are well-organised, with excellent supervisory skills and used to planning, allocating and delegating work appropriately. What’s more, you have experience of contributing to, monitoring and implementing changes that improve outcomes for residents. Above all, you have a natural ability to help make the lives of others more fulfilling and want to work in an environment where the work can be hard, but also fun and rewarding.
- Competitive rates of pay – we continuously review pay in your local market
- Opportunities to progress through our personalised career paths into more senior and management roles whilst growing your earnings
- Earn whilst you learn and take on a variety of apprenticeships applicable to your role enabling you to increase your pay once achieved
- Competitive refer a friend scheme of up to £1000 depending on role
- Quality and free training to help develop and enhance your skills
- Bank holiday enhancements
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible hours, including day, night or weekend shifts
- Free DBS
- Thousands of online and in-store discounts across big known retailers enabling our colleagues to make big savings on every day shopping such as holidays, supermarkets and travel.
- Employee Assistance Programme – Immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns