This is a business-critical role, and is being advertised internally and externally.
Team Leader – Spring Grove Residential Care Home, Finchley Road, NW3 6DH (Alternative w/ends) – 38.5 hours per week
Main Job Objectives:
- To lead a team of care staff in the delivery of care to residents in a designated unit/area.
- To take responsibility for the home and be accountable for decision making in the absence of the Manager or Unit Manager, including managing the home in the absence of senior managers during CQC inspections.
- To be responsible for the management and administration of medication.
- To work effectively with others within the home to ensure residents’’ needs are safely met.
- To champion person-centred approaches to the care of residents
Qualifications and Training
- NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care
- NVQ Level 2 in Team Leading or other management /supervision training
- Mandatory training up to date e.g. Fire, Health and Safety, Manual Handling, Medication
Previous Work Experience
- Experience working in a supervisory role in a large residential home (at least 1 year essential)
- Experience managing and supervising staff, including allocating work, giving feedback, and carrying out appraisals, supervision, induction and on-the-job training.
Knowledge and Understanding
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of good practice in providing timely, compassionate, person-centred care.
- Good understanding of CQC requirements in relation to residential care.
- Good understanding of Health and Safety, Safeguarding, Confidentiality and Data Protection and ability to apply this to ensure safety and security of residents and staff in the home.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work and make decisions under pressure including changing priorities and circumstances.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate with a wide range of healthcare professionals, and to build good relationships with residents and their families.
- Ability to lead a team, motivate others, build good relationships, and listen to and support colleagues.
- Open communication style, with ability to give and receive feedback, and share learning.
- Ability to audit quality of care plans.
- High level of numerical accuracy, with ability to accurately manage medication administration, audit and ordering.
- Good planning and organisational skills, with ability to plan ahead, allocate tasks and ensure sufficient staffing levels.
- Ability to take charge of the Home in the absence of a more senior manager.
To Apply: Click the ‘Apply’ button.
Salary: £11.72 + competitive benefits